Fritzing software is an interesting open-source initiative to support designers, artists, researchers and hobbyists to work creatively with interactive electronics and develop electronic projects. Fritzing helps you learn more about electronic circuits, to document your projects and even let’s you prepare them for production.
Once you have build your circuit on the breadboard you can start transfer it to Fritzing which has 3 different project views:
- the breadboard view is where virtual electronic components can be wired and placed on a virtual breadboard. Parts that do not exist can be created as well.
- the schematic view is where the former representation of the schematic can be viewed and edited. Changes made in one view instantly affect all other views.
- the pcb view allows you to place parts on a printed circuit board. An auto-router generates the traces and the final pcb layout can be exported to the necessary production formats.
Publishing and sharing your projects is easy with the built-in function. Additionally the fritzing.org website offers learning material, tutorials and the option to take part in development of Fritzing.
This version includes translations for:
Deutsch (German), English, Español (Spanish), Français (French), Italiano (Italian), Nederlands (Dutch), Português (eu) (Portuguese EU), Português (br) (Portuguese BR), 日本語 (Japanese), 中文 (简体) (Chinese Simplified), 正體中文 (繁體) (Chinese Traditional), Русский (Russian), Čeština (Czech), 한국어 (Korean), Ελληνικά (Greek), slovenčina (Slovak), română (Romanian), Türkçe (Turkish), Български (Bulgarian), বাংলা (Bengali).
It can be downloaded for Windows, Mac or Linux from the official download page or download the version 0.8.7B directly from:
Please make sure your system satisfies one of these requirements:
Windows 7 was reported to work, too
Mac – OSX 10.14 and up, though 10.13 might work too. MacOS 10.15 is currently untested.
Linux – a fairly recent linux distro with libc >= 2.6
- Start downloading the Fritzing package that’s right for you.
- Unzip your Fritzing folder somewhere convenient on your hard drive.
- This may also be a good time for you to create a shortcut to the Fritzing application.
- To start Fritzing:
- on Windows: double-click fritzing.exe
- on Mac: double-click the Fritzing application
- on Linux: double-click Fritzing, or try ./Fritzing in your shell window
- If you experience problems, please try downloading again. This often helps. If it doesn’t, have a look at our forums.
Recent versions of OS X do not allow “unverified” software to be launched directly. In order to run Fritzing, you will need to either:
- right-click the Fritzing icon and select “Open”
- in the warning dialog, click “Open”
or, to get rid of the warning permanently:
- go to the System Preferences
- open the Security & Privacy page
- unlock it by clicking the lock in the lower left corner
- set it to allow app downloads from anywhere
The Linux Ubuntu release has been built and tested under Ubuntu Bionic (18.04).
Fritzing requires the Qt5 libaries. On Ubuntu, those can be installed with “sudo apt install libqt5printsupport5 libqt5xml5 libqt5sql5 libqt5serialport5 libqt5sql5-sqlite”.
The Linux Fedora 30 release has been build and tested under Linux Fedora 30.